Now that Trace and Ruby are totally mobile, they are interested in the everything that we have around our house. We also live in an emporium of antiques and it is inevitable that they want to touch EVERYTHING. Last night, for example, while Trace was carrying the kitchen stool around the room like a little power lifter (this happens every time we enter the kitchen, by the way) he decided to pull out the wooden cutting board. Surely, we thought that it was too heavy, nope, pulled it right out on his foot. Meanwhile, Ruby is carefully and quietly trying to figure out how the locks work in their seats, plotting her escape I am sure! They have no interest in toys. Well, that is not entirely true, but at least not when we are letting them roam free. They have also started to LOVE being read to. They are actually obsessed with books. AWESOME!
Most of the time we come upstairs to play without too much restriction. It seems like every other word is No when we are downstairs. Boring. We have not ever really been able to live up to what most would consider baby proofing. We have the "corral" which is an area (actually it is the kids entire bedroom area) where we have put two play yards together and that keeps them somewhat contained, but they are very smart so they cannot be left alone for more then a few minutes. Yesterday, I went downstairs to get some things that we were taking to Garrett, and when I came back, literally 5 minutes had gone by and they had somehow reached into the bookcase and got their hands on the "collecting rainwater" book and ripped off both covers, this is why they cannot be left alone. How can one even get mad, they both looked at me like, "what? we were reading." We think that letting them explore is important, so we just watch them and not to mention that in our world, it is impossible to lock all the cabinets and move everything from their reach. Yes, this means that there are days that not too many things that seem productive gets done, but I consider myself to be a great multi-tasker and being with them IS productive! Because they seem to grow an inch every day, it would be a never ending job making sure that they can't touch anything; and I would rather spend time with them, instead of focusing on how I can leave them alone, without completely emptying the room!
Good thing their amazing Daddy likes to share. (Since we decided that letting them play with the cutting board was a bad idea) He gave them two flashlights, two duck calls, (because, yes we have duck calls laying around) oh and a box; they couldn't be more excited....And, YES they learned how to use the duck calls, so we have a very lively bunch at our house. It is incredible when I think that they are sleeping and then, I hear the duck call. Priceless.
No comments:
Post a Comment