Sometimes I wonder if Trace and Ruby are going to think that we are as funny as WE think we are...(doesn't really matter since we make the rules, right? HA) We carry on all the time, laughing and joking. Most of the time Trace and Ruby just sit there and look at us like "seriously?" it is amazing. We can only hope that someday they will laugh with us and think that no one could be more funny. There will be the inevitable teenage years when we embarrass the hell out of them in front of their friends being "funny". My mom used to sing in her station wagon... no tinted windows to hide her display. I am sure that my brother and I thought, "Oh my gosh could you be any more embarrassing" and now we think "Our mom is AWESOME, hope we can be that cool."
It's not that I am loosing sleep over whether our kids think that we are funny, they are just growing up SO fast. Garrett and I will continue to be hilarious, and probably forever think that we are so funny we should both be writers for SNL, because we ARE that funny (Haha) Our kids will most likely go through phases which they agree, but I really do just hope that they too are lucky enough to have such an amazing relationship, like Garrett and I do (....in like 30 years when they are all grown up.) To my husband: Thank you for being the most amazing and hilarious man that I have ever met, and for giving me the most amazing and hilarious children. I love your freaking guts! I will always laugh with you. XOXO

No comments:
Post a Comment